Saturday, April 16, 2011

Running is Hard

This is what I decided today, as I huffed and puffed my way through my workout. I wasn't able to do the full workout without walking, but I only walked a little bit, and I was thinking about dropping my race for the 8th and just running another one later in May I already want to do, because I'm not sure I'm going to be ready in time. The more I thought about it, the sillier I thought that was, because while my goal is to run the whole thing without walking... if I don't do it the first time, at least it will be a good start. I just have to do the best I can and keep working hard and sooner or later, I'll be where I want to be; a place where I can run without thinking, without turning bright red, without checking my distance every 20 seconds. I have moments where I can relax my upper body and get in a grove where I can imagine what a really good, long run must feel like. I hope I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment