Friday, April 29, 2011

Changes

I've struggled with a few things lately and finally came to a good conclusion that I feel much better about. I was supposed to race next weekend on the 8th, but I was feeling so stressed about it because I just didn't feel ready physically and I also had something else really important to me scheduled at the same time and I was freaking out trying to figure out how to make both work. I have discovered that my body really does best, now that I'm running more, with at least one, and two is better, days off between runs. This just was not allowing me to be where I want to be, distance building wise by May 8th. So I decided not to do that race. There was another race, Nita's Run on the 21st that I was planning on walking with my friends that I'm going to run instead because I feel like it gives me enough time to be really ready. I think I made the right choice!
x
I went back to the treadmill yesterday because I was worried about a storm coming through and it went pretty well. I ran my 2.25 miles and jumped on the sides for a quick water break, but other than that, felt pretty good, although I definitely prefer running outside. I wish I knew some better places to run nearby. Once I'm running further I think Valley Forge will be good, but for now it is just too much. If anyone knows of good places to run near KOP, let me know!

The other thing going on with my running is I am now registered for the Falmouth Road Race in August! I am still nervous about it, but I think it is worth a try! I guess the worst thing that happens is I have to walk a little bit, which I feel alright about, considering it is a 7 mile race. Just gives me something to keep working towards this summer and I can't wait to take morning runs along the boardwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment