Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The magic of a change of scenery

I went for a run today even though it was really hard to get myself to put on my sneaks. On days when running feels hard, I visualize myself running in all the locations I know and then pick according to which feels like that day's best fit. Today that was Norristown Farm Park. Despite some tough hills, ultimately it's a really nice paved 2 mile loop, some through fields and partially through the trees.
Today it was just right. I set a goal to have my average pace be faster than Friday. What I didn't expect was to be able to run so much more of my total distance in bigger chunks than last week. After walking my first .25, I wad able to run the next 1.25! I probably could have gone further too, but I hot a wall (well, it felt like a wall, but looked like a killer hill;) so I walked it out for a little and then finished up the last half mile strong(ish) with a stead jog. So really I ran way more than half and it felt great! I love days like today! Now off to the dentist :p

Oh, and BTW... here is a link to my donation page for the Lupus Loop. Please feel free to support my run! http://www.active.com/donate/lupusloop2011/Lbeth120

No comments:

Post a Comment