Sunday, June 12, 2011

Let the summer training begin!

I feel like today was my official start of summer, so I kicked it off with a trip to the gym. I had decided that if I'm going to really do this training for the Falmouth Road Race right, I need to work on my strength as well as just the running. Today seemed like as good a day as any to start cross training. I ran 1.5 miles to get myself warmed up and it was harder than it should have been, in my mind anyway. The last several weeks I've really slacked off in the running department and I'm feeling the burn of regret! Luckily for me, with summer comes the gift of time, so I plan on hitting the gym a few days a week to work on strength training, and keep up the running as well. I really don't like running on the treadmill, so I'm hoping it stays cool enough in the morning that I can keep running outside. I don't feel pressured to run the whole thing, but I just want to do the best I can. I never thought I could run 3 miles and I did, so hopefully 7 miles is an achievable goal as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment